Tuesday, September 2, 2008

And it begins...

It's really late for a working mom to still be awake, but thanks to my caffeine-laced diet pills, I am having a hard time sleeping. I'm still not sure why I decided to start this blog, other than restlessness, but hopefully it will serve to document all of the precious new things that Brooks does each day.

Oh, Brooks!! What a funny little guy!! If it weren't for him and his Lightning McQueen, Mater, and Thomas the Tank Engine counterparts, I might actually be peacefully sleeping in my bed right now. Unfortunately for me, Brooks decided to have a slumber party with Daddy and his ever present automobiles, which didn't leave much room in the bed for me to get cozy. So here I am typing away....

Is it possible for children to grow at super sonic speed? If so, I think Brooks definitely qualifies. Just yesterday we brought him home from the hospital and he tinkled on the sofa within the first five minutes of seeing his new home. Guess we could really blame Daddy for that one! Overnight though, he began walking and talking and tinkling on things intentionally just to make us laugh! Wait a minute...guess we can blame Daddy for that, too! God love them both!

Well, it is starting to feel like Shushebye (sp?) time...gotta love Baby First TV...so I'll wrap this up for now! Maybe I would've written more if it wouldn't have taken me so long to figure all this out. My brain is a little fried at the moment! I'll try to post pictures soon so stay tuned...I always wanted to say that!

1 comment:

jennifer doolittle said...

I love the slumber party part! Aren't children absolutely incredible?! Thank you for doing this. Poppa Doo & I will certainly enjoy being able to read what the boy is doing from day to day. And, YES- I do think that children grow at supersonic speed. Just look at my 2. Now 12 & 9, it seems like just yesterday that I brought either of them home from the hospital, too. Now I have to look up slightly to see the top of my son's head. Crazy, isn't it???

For the record, about your next post-- I think I would have wanted to call in too! What an awesome moment. Cherish & treasure them all... because one day, he, too, will be 12 and won't want his friends to see mom kiss him goodbye before he gets out of the van to go into school. That's just not cool, Mom!

We love you all! You guys are in our prayers daily, for we know how tough a job it is to raise a child, but even tougher in our society today. Continue to keep God first in your lives and give him the glory for all the wonderful blessings the little man shows you each day!

Love you and can't wait to read the next one!

Always,
Poppa Doo & Jennifer