Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I knew I did this for a reason...

My sweet, precious boy did the most amazing thing today. I knew I started this blog thing for a reason...I may not have documented this otherwise.

This morning, I woke up my two little sleepy heads (guess you've already figured out Brooks still sleeps in the bed with us) before going to work just as I do every morning...a little tickle time, the "Good Morning" song, and tons of kisses. Neither Brooks nor Ryan were getting up too easily so I gave them a few more minutes. Just before I had to leave to make it to work on time, I went back to make sure they were up. They still lay there snoozing so I gave my best second attempt at the tickle-song-kiss strategy. Successful! Brooks began giggling and saying "Rae Rae, Rae Rae" (his babysitter) because I was telling him he had to get ready to go see her and Ryan gave me the last minute details of the day. Okay...here comes the good part! I kissed Brooks on the forehead (if you know me then you probably know how important forehead kisses are to me) and whispered "See you this afternoon...I love you!" A little voice replied.....wait for it....."lov oo!" My precious boy told me he loved me for the very first time!!!!! I almost called in to work!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

heather,thanks for sharing this wonderful moment with us. I remember the first time miranda said i love you to me & jerry we both cried.it is something you will always remember and hold dear to your heart. it seems like it was only yesterday that you were the same age as brooks & doing some of the same things you told that he is doing. i know we don't see all of you like i wish we could but always remeber that i love all 3 of you more than you will ever know and pray that God will continue to protect all of you and continue to bless you as he has these past few years. give ryan an brooks a big kiss and hug from me & jerry. love to all of you-Lynnie

Mama said...

Hey baby. Isn't it great being a mother? You will share lots of precious moments with Brooks but being told you are loved in number 1 on the list. As he gets older he may not tell you as much but know to him you are always loved and hold a special place in his heart. Give him a big hug and a kiss from KK . Love all of you, Mama