Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Biggest Mess I've Ever Seen

I'm referring to my house :(! Ryan and I came home Tuesday to a flooded house!! There were literally puddles in the garage and driveway from where the water had run out of the house. There is damage to every room except the master bed and bath. Luckily, our insurance agent came right over and helped us clear out furniture so there wasn't too much damage to it, but it looks like right now that all of the floors, cabinets, and some of the drywall are going to have to be replaced. A cleaning crew came so there were huge, loud, cold, machines all over our house for a few days, but they are gone now so at least we can walk. Now,room by room, we are beginning to put things back together. First, is hopefully the laundry room. I need to wash clothes!!!!

I tell myself a house is just "a thing" and I am so grateful for my family and our health. It could be much worse and there are definitely bright points...I have no kitchen so I don't have to cook! And...Ryan finally has to paint like I've been asking! This, however, definitely puts a damper on the selling process! God is good though and we will make changes in our life as he wills it. That I am sure of!





The culprit!!! A busted pipe under the kitchen sink!!




No comments: