Tuesday, October 7, 2008

It's Been A Long Day...

Like most teachers, Fall Break is just a time to get things done that you normally don't have time to do. For me, that means cleaning my house! Brooks and I literally spent the whole day cleaning out just about every closet and cabinet in our house and finishing up a couple of projects I had up my sleeve. We stopped long enough to take a trip to Wal-Mart and get something to eat. Though we are very dirty and tired, I must say we have had an incredible day together. I have been laughing at that little boy all day! His big job was to put everything that we decided to get rid of into trash bags. I made piles for him and he loved digging through it all. That's probably why it took so long to get everything done! Every now and then, he would pull out something I thought we needed to give away and he'd say, "Keep! Keep!" Then, the things he "agreed" we should get rid of (which mostly meant it went to the attic), he would put in a pile and say, "Trash, trash, yuck!" I mean seriously...where does he come up with this stuff?! A little after lunch, he disappeared for a little while. When I went to look for him, I found him curled up in Ryan's recliner fast asleep! My big helper just passed out on me! By the time he woke up, Ryan got home so they both helped me finish up the manly jobs! I am so relieved to get so much done today! Hopefully, we can just relax the rest of the week.

No comments: