Monday, October 20, 2008

Yellow River Game Ranch

These posts are definitely my attempt at playing catch up...

During the break, Ryan and I took Brooks to Yellow River to feed the animals. I don't know who was more excited...Ryan or Brooks. Ryan hadn't been since he was a kid so he got a kick out of how little things had changed. For those who aren't familiar with this awesome place, it is a mini zoo for rescued animals. Most of the animals have been at the ranch for most of their lives so they are very comfortable around people. The animals just come right up to you and eat out of your hands...deer, chickens, goats, ducks, pigs, squirrels, rabbits, and so many more. It is the collest thing! When we told Gandaddy about out visit, he didn't understand the big deal. We've had a barn with animals our whole life and he swears they eat out of your hand. I have to argue that it is not the same. I've never had a deer eat out of my hand at the barn and I have NEVER fed a bear! Needless to say, we all had a fantastic afternoon. Brooks took a little while to figure out what was going on, but when he did, he really got into it. His favorite part were the squirrels (which he called rabbits). The pictures below explain it all!








Just call him Dr. Doolittle (sorry...I couldn't resist!)

No comments: